Merritt Tree Services
Take better care of the trees on your property with help from the tree experts at Thompson Rivers Tree Service in Merritt.
Trees are a natural and valuable asset to the landscape and environment around Merritt. Taking care of this natural resource requires the help of professionals that know how to care for their customers as well as protect the trees. If you’re looking for help taking care of your trees, look no further than Thompson Rivers Tree Service. Our customer-oriented tree care teams are ready to assist you with any of your needs.
Benefits of Tree Service
Managing a property with lots of trees can become a task too big for you fast. Hiring a tree service can help you get the job done quicker and safer. Some of the benefits of Thompson Rivers Tree Service are:
- Encourages more vigorous growth
- Promotes tree health
- Removes dead branches
- Beautifies landscape
- Keeps property safe from damage
- Prevents the spread of infestation or infection
The Importance of Hiring an Arborist
When you hire a company that is led by a certified arborist, you can be sure that you are receiving the gold standard in tree care. Arborists are trained in the highest level of industry standards when it comes to tree care and safe work practices. At Thompson Rivers Tree Service, our team is led by a Certified Utility Arborist who knows how to care for the local vegetation found around Merritt. By making us your tree service company, you can rest easy knowing that your property is safe and your trees are cared for.
Signs You Need Tree Removal
Removing established trees can be a big decision. Here are some reasons to help you decide if tree removal is the right course of action:
- Proximity to Man-Made Structures: Trees commonly grow close to homes, outbuildings and utility lines. Trimming may be an option but if they are too close, tree removal may be the best course of action.
- Structural Damage: Most of the time, people are concerned with trees falling on their homes. But, tree roots can be even more damaging than falling debris because they work slowly and underground. Roots can penetrate sewer lines and compromise the foundation of a home. In order to protect your home, it should be removed.
- Diseased Trees: Trees with large, dead sections or obvious problems may need to be removed. It is common for a tree to look somewhat healthy while it is decaying from the inside, unseen. These trees are very dangerous and should be removed.
- Bad Spacing: Trees can be planted too close together and it may not be obvious until they are established and growing. For the good of the surrounding landscape, crowded trees should be thinned.
- Enhancing Views: Trees can block beautiful views or obscure features that you would rather have displayed. Removing certain trees can enhance views and intensify the effects of surrounding outdoor designs.
When Do You Need Tree Trimming and Pruning Service?
Timing is important when it comes to tree care. Trees have immune systems just like humans to prevent infection. When trees are trimmed and pruned, each site of limb removal becomes a potential entry point for fungus or bacteria to infect the tree. When that happens, the whole tree can become infected and die.
To minimize the risk of hurting trees during the tree pruning and trimming process, training is required to ensure that good technique is used. One of the main things that our arborists keep in mind while performing tree trimming and pruning is the seasonal fluctuations that allow a tree to heal itself after the shock of limb removal.
At Thompson Rivers Tree Service, our expert crews are well-versed in proper pruning and trimming techniques. This will minimize the risk to your trees while allowing you to maximize the health and beauty of your trees and keep your property safe.
Our Emergency Tree Service
Along with all the benefits of having trees on a property, there are also some risks. High winds can break sections of a tree off and send it falling onto access roads. Heavy rains can soften soils and allow trees to topple over onto houses or businesses. Whenever this happens, Thompson Rivers Tree Service is ready to respond. Our crews are always on call to assist when disaster strikes. Tree emergencies are dangerous situations and we pride ourselves on being able to quickly and safely restore calm to a stressful situation.
Benefits of Stump Grinding and Removal
The result of removing a tree is a leftover stump that will quickly become an eyesore on your landscape. At Thompson Rivers Tree Service, we strongly recommend that stumps be removed by stump grinding to finish the last step in a tree removal. Some of the benefits of stump removal are:
- Rehabilitates Landscape: Stumps are ugly and take many years to disappear on their own. Stump grinding is complete within a matter of minutes and allows the property owner to replant the area or landscape around it. Within months of stump removal, you won’t be able to tell a difference.
- Removes Risk of Damage: Rotting stumps attract all kinds of wood-eating critters. Ants, termites and fungus all perform their natural duties to remove the rotten wood. However, once they’re done with the stump, they may move into wooden structures and start damaging them.
- Prevents Regrowth: Stumps will likely try to regrow if left alone. The regrowth will be ugly and structurally unsound. Regrowth can grow aggressively and be difficult to remove. Stump removal takes away the opportunity for a stump to cause any more trouble.
Specialized Lot Clearing
Starting a new construction project is a huge ordeal but an exciting one. There are so many details that must be managed to allow all of the moving parts of your project to come together and bring your plans to fruition. One of the beginning steps for your new project will certainly be site preparation. Thompson Rivers Tree Service is experienced in lot clearing for new construction.
No matter how big or small, our team can have your site prepared for construction crews in no time. With careful planning and execution, our lot clearing teams can keep you on schedule for moving into your dream home or having your business’s grand opening.